Nova Scotia reports 1,020 new cases of COVID-19 Monday, expands booster eligibility

Health officials in Nova Scotia reported 1,020 new cases of COVID-19 Monday, and a test positivity rate of 10 per cent. There were 664 cases in Central Zone, 120 cases in Eastern Zone, 104 cases in Northern Zone and 132 cases in Western Zone. Public health says there are 36 people in hospital due to COVID-19, 31 of whom have been admitted since the Omicron variant was first detected in the province last month. Online government data shows less than one per cent of people in the province were hospitalized as of Dec. 31. By comparison, the province logged 6,067 cases from March 15 to November 9, and 314 of those patients were hospitalized, for a rate of five per cent. Chief Medical Officer of Health Dr. Robert Strang told reporters he is cautiously encouraged by the low hospitalization rate, but warned things could change quickly. The province announced Monday that anyone 30 years of age and older is now eligible for a COVID-19 booster dose. (The Canadian Press)
Nova Scotia has expanded its eligibility for booster COVID-19 vaccinations. Public health says anyone aged 30 and older who received their second dose of vaccine at least 24 weeks ago is eligible for a booster. Premier Tim Houston says about 92-thousand booster appointments opened up and were promptly filled on Monday. Houston says he was impressed by the response and that more appointments are coming up.
Nova Scotia Health says there will be a COVID-19 vaccine outreach clinic for the Pfizer vaccine in Tatamagouche today. The clinic will be open to anyone age 5+ for their first or second dose* at the Tatamagouche Fire Hall from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m
New Glasgow Regional Police charge 2 men with impaired driving

New Glasgow Regional Police charged two impaired drivers during the daytime hours on New Year’s Day. Shortly before 11:30am, Police charged a 26-year-old Pictou County man with Impaired Driving and Driving without a Valid Drivers License after a traffic stop on Stellarton Road. Then, just after 2:00 pm, Police charged a 47-year-old man from Pictou County with Impaired Driving, Driving a Motor Vehicle While License Was Revoked, Driving Without Insurance and Operating a Vehicle Without Registration after police conducted a traffic stop on Marsh Street. Both drivers will soon be appearing in Provincial Court in Pictou.
Bible Hill RCMP investigate armed robbery at gas station

RCMP photos (submitted)
Colchester County District RCMP are investigating an armed robbery that occurred on Main St. in Bible Hill. Early Sunday morning, police responded to a report of an armed robbery at a gas station/convenience store. In their investigation, Police learned that a man had entered the store wearing a hood, baseball cap and a non-medical mask and stated he had a weapon. The man demanded cash, which he was given, and left the store on foot. No one was injured. The man is described as white, between 25 to 30-years-old, approximately 5-foot-10 and weighing more than 200 pounds. Anyone with information on this incident is asked to contact Bible Hill RCMP at 902-896-5000. Should you wish to remain anonymous call Nova Scotia Crime Stoppers toll free at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), submit a secure web tip at www.crimestoppers.ns.ca, or use the P3 Tips App.
Pictou District RCMP looking for help in locating stolen siding break

Photo of similar item: RCMP (submitted)
Between November 1st and 8th, a10.5ft TAPCO Pro 19 Siding break was stolen from outside a home on Oak street in the town of Pictou. The item, used for breaking aluminium, is worth $3700.00. Pictou County District RCMP are asking for anyone with information on the whereabouts of the item to contact them or Crime Stoppers.








