Pictou County District RCMP arrested a man in possession of stolen property in Mount William.
On July 20, 2022, around 1 a.m., Pictou County District RCMP completed a roadside stop of a minivan that was travelling on Mount William Rd.
During the stop, RCMP officers learned that the driver of the vehicle, a 45-year-old-man from Moncton, was in possession of stolen property. The man was arrested safely and the stolen property, valued above $10,000, was seized.
At the time of his arrest, the man was also found in possession of a small amount of methamphetamine.
The man, who had 22 arrest warrants outstanding out of the Province of New Brunswick, was remanded in custody.
He will appear in Pictou Provincial Court on August 11 to face charges of Possession of Property Obtained by Crime and Possession of a Schedule I Substance.
Three people who supplied ammunition to the gunman who killed 22 Nova Scotians two years ago have had their criminal charges dismissed.
Lawyers for Lisa Banfield, James Banfield and Brian Brewster appeared in Nova Scotia provincial courts Tuesday morning to complete the process.
All three had been charged with weapons offences, and all three opted to have their charges dealt with through restorative justice, meaning they didn’t face a trial and have no criminal record.
The inquiry has heard that the people in the United States who also played a role in helping the gunman obtain three guns from Maine have not been charged, and investigations into the firearm issue on that side of the border have closed.
Northumberland Ferries Ltd. will resume service Wednesday between Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia as a Transportation Safety Board investigation continues into last week’s fire on one of the company’s ferries.
The MV Holiday Island was nearing the terminal at Wood Islands, P.E.I., on Friday when a fire broke out in its engine room, forcing an emergency evacuation involving approximately 230 passengers.
The company said in a release Tuesday it will begin an interim schedule Wednesday consisting of four round trips between Caribou, N.S., and Wood Islands using the MV Confederation.
Marie-Helene Roy, manager of Atlantic Canada marine operations with the Transportation Safety Board of Canada, said in an interview Tuesday that they still have not been able to enter the engine room to investigate the source of the fire due to safety concerns of the fire reigniting and water in the room.








