All schools in Chignecto Central Regional Centre for Education are closed today. This is due to the wide spread power outages in the county.
Pictou County remains under a Wind Warning with gusts this morning up to 90 to 100kh.
Late this morning to winds should diminish down to gusts of 50kh.
Take note that the Confederation Bridge has had restrictions in place, and even a complete closure that went into effect shortly before 5:00am because of winds gusting in the Northumberland Strait to 126kh.
Northumberland Ferries has cancelled the 8:30 and 11:30 sailings from Wood Islands, and the 10:00 and 1:00 sailings from Caribou.
Updates will be provided later regarding later sailings scheduled for today.
So if you are travelling today, it’s a good idea to check ahead.
Nova Scotia R-C-M-P are warning the public about scams targeting seniors.
Victims are being contacted by fraudsters pretending to be a relative in need of money; often, the story is that the family member has been arrested and requires bail.
The call is then usually taken over by another person pretending to be in a position of authority, such as a police officer or a lawyer, instructing the victim to provide this bail.
Police say they’re aware of several incidents in the last several days where each victim was scammed out of between five thousand 10 thousand dollars and are circulating photos of the alleged perpetrators.
Nova Scotia is expanding a program that helps residents access the internet.
The Satellite Internet Service Rebate program will now accept applications from any resident or business owner who currently does not have access to wired or wireless internet service.
Previously, the rebate program only applied to homes or businesses where there was no other planned internet service solution or where access to high-speed internet was not expected until 2024 or later.
Economic Development Minister Susan Corkum-Greek says a rebate up to one-thousand dollars covers one-time costs for eligible homes and businesses.
This has been a record year for immigration in Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia’s deputy immigration minister appeared before the legislature’s public accounts committee on Wednesday and reported that it was almost three months ago that the province surpassed last year’s total of 9,025 new permanent residents.
She says that 10,670 new permanent residents were recorded from January to September of this year.
Nova Scotia is introducing a new extended family-like approach to foster care that has been adopted in other countries, including the U-S, the U-K and Australia.
The Mockingbird Family concept features a hub or central home where children can gather for social events or get peer support — which is connected to six to ten satellite homes that offer full-time services to children or youth in care.
The province says the first two constellations will be established in Halifax and Cape Breton this fall, and it will gather feedback before expanding the program across Nova Scotia starting in 2024.
The Town of New Glasgow is advising residents that the Winter Parking Regulations come into effect starting today (December 1st) for New Glasgow and Trenton.
Under the regulations, you can’t be parked on any street in the two communities between the hours of 1:00am and 7:00am








