The Nova Scotia Health Authority is being sued by the family of a 37-year-old woman who died after waiting more than seven hours to see a doctor at a hospital emergency room in Amherst. The law firm representing the family of Allison Holthoff says they are alleging the health authority failed to meet the standard of care for a patient. It says the statement of claim also alleges the emergency physician on duty at the Cumberland Regional Health Care Centre on December 31st didn’t test and treat Holthoff in an adequate and timely manner. When asked for a response, the Health Department said it would not comment on ongoing legal action.
Public Health is advising parents of young children who have received Moderna’s infant COVID-19 vaccine and are due for their next dose before March 8, to book their next vaccination before a disruption in the national supply of that vaccine. The federal government, which is in charge of vaccine distribution across the country, has notified the Province that a disruption in supply of Moderna infant COVID-19 vaccine will start March 9 and last a few weeks.
The Nova Scotia Mass Casualty Commission confirms it will release its final report on March 30th into the fatal shooting rampage in April 2020 that claimed 22 lives. It says in a statement that the report will provide a detailed account of what happened as well as recommendations to improve community safety across Canada. The inquiry heard that a man disguised as a Mountie killed 13 people in Portapique on the night of April 18th, 2020, and then evaded police and killed nine others the next day before he was shot dead at a gas station. The inquiry heard from 230 witnesses, including about 80 members of the R-C-M-P, held 76 days of public hearings and released more than seven-thousand exhibits and source materials.
RCMP say three men and a woman with ties to organized crime have been arrested following an investigation into drug trafficking between the Maritime provinces and Ontario. Police say Operation Highspeed resulted in the seizure of 1.3 kilograms of cocaine, two kilograms of M-D-M-A and 45-thousand dollars in cash during searches of four locations and a vehicle in Nova Scotia and PEI last month. Nova Scotia R-C-M-P say two men from PEI were arrested at a bus depot in Charlottetown and a man and woman from Halifax were arrested at a bus depot in that city. Police say the suspects are expected to be charged with drug trafficking offences and they are also searching for another 28-year-old Halifax man as part of the investigation.








