All schools in the Chignecto Central Regional Centre for Education are closed today February 24, 2023. This includes the Counties of Colchester, Cumberland, Pictou and the Municipality of East Hants .This is due to current road conditions and impending weather .
Gasoline and diesel prices both dropped overnight in Nova Scotia. The price of gasoline decreased by 6.2 cents per litre, putting the minimum pump price for regular self-serve gas at 147.6 cents per litre locally. Diesel prices dropped by 9.3 cents per litre, leaving the minimum pump price for diesel at 169.6 cents per litre.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says his government has signed bilateral health-care agreements with all four Atlantic provinces and Ontario. Trudeau made the announcement as he spoke with students at Dalhousie University Thursday. The agreements in principle are part of a 198.6-billion-dollar investment by Ottawa announced earlier this month to improve health-care services for Canadians, including 46.2-billion in new funding. Premier Tim Houston says Nova Scotia will receive an additional one-billion dollars over the next 10 years — which will help residents receive health services, no matter where they live.
Through a new pilot project introduced by the provincial government, residents of Pictou County with mental health concerns such as anxiety, job loss, grief, relationship issues, and substance use, now have access to one-on-one supportive counseling. Through the Province’s new Access Wellness service, residents can book a free session of individual, couple or family counselling with trained mental health counsellors. These sessions can be done by phone, online or in person. In-person appointments are available in New Glasgow, Sydney, Halifax, and Kentville.
Nova Scotia says new funding will put more money in the pockets of 650 families caring for children with disabilities. The province says that families will soon receive 200 dollars per month, up from 100 dollars per month. Nova Scotia says it will put 3.5 million dollars towards increasing existing financial support programs.
Millbrook RCMP has charged a man with firearm offences in connection with an incident of shots fired on Tuesday in Millbrook First Nation. Responding officers quickly located a home where there was damage consistent with that of gunshots. No one at the home suffered any injuries. Police learned that an unwanted man had entered a home with a firearm. Officers located a 35-year-old Millbrook man in the home and he was arrested and a handgun was seized. The man is facing several weapons related charges and was remanded into custody.








