A Special Weather Statement has been issued for Pictou County as a winter storm is expected to affect the region mid-week.
10 to 25 cm of snow is possible Tuesday afternoon into Wednesday.
The strongest wind gusts will be 60 km/h and up to 80 km/h in some areas.
Ottawa says it will deduct more than 1.27-million dollars each from health-care transfers to Nova Scotia and New Brunswick to compensate for fees paid by patients in those provinces for medically necessary services.
The federal government says Nova Scotia will lose more than 1.27-million for fees collected in the province for diagnostic tests.
New Brunswick will lose the same amount as Nova Scotia for the same reason, as well as nearly 65-thousand for allowing patients to be charged for abortions or other insured services at private clinics.
Ottawa says that eight provinces face a total of more than 82-million in deductions unless they implement a plan to end the fees and the circumstances that led to them.
Newfoundland and Labrador and Prince Edward Island are the only provinces not on the list for claw-backs.
The number of people in Nova Scotia without a family doctor has reached a new peak.
Newly released government figures show that as of March 1st, there were more than 137-thousand residents looking for a primary
care provider.
That’s 24-hundred more people on the list than the previous month.
Of those who joined the registry in February, the government says 36 per cent were new to the area.
The Nova Scotia government has announced 7.1-million dollars in funding for mental health programs for youth at risk, adults with autism spectrum disorder, seniors and others.
It says the funding will be used to provide one-time grants to community groups for programs that range from promoting mental wellness such as mentorships and peer support – to addressing specific mental health concerns.
The Mental Health Foundation of Nova Scotia will receive three-million dollars to administer grants for mental health and addictions projects and services across the province.
The foundation says the funding will have a direct impact at the grassroots level at a time when there is great demand for mental
health support.
Antigonish County District RCMP have arrested a man after a stabbing in downtown Antigonish.
At about 3 a.m. on Sunday, RCMP responded to a report of a stabbing on College St. and when they arrived on scene, they learned that two men had been involved in an altercation before one stabbed the other.
The victim was taken to hospital by EHS with serious but non-life-threatening injuries, and has since been released.
A 22-year-old man has been charged with Aggravated Assault and released from custody on conditions with a court appearance in Antigonish Provincial Court on May 17th.
The 15-year-old who was reported missing on March 7 from New Glasgow has been found safe.
The RCMP thanks the public for assisting by way of social media shares and offering tips.








