Pictou County District RCMP and Victoria County District RCMP have seized 3D printed firearms as part of Operation Reproduction. Last Tuesday, Pictou County District RCMP executed a search warrant at a home, in a school zone, on Walkerville Rd. in Priestville as part of Operation Reproduction. RCMP officers located three people in the home and during the search, RCMP officers located and seized a 3D printer, 23 firearms, an extendable baton, two suppressors, a pistol tactical long gun conversion kit, a 3D printed extended magazine and brass knuckles. One of the firearms seized was a 3D printed handgun that was being actively printed at the time the search warrant was executed. The investigation remains ongoing and charges are anticipated.
The ferry service between Nova Scotia and PEI is the subject of a letter sent by the premier of P.E.I. to the prime minister. The PEI premier is asking Ottawa to make “all possible efforts” to ensure the ferry service resumes as soon as possible. The M-V Confederation broke down last weekend, and needs a new part that has to be manufactured in Europe, while the other ferry secured for the prime summer season is in drydock and is not expected to be ready for service until early July. The PEI Premier is also looking for an update on the status of a replacement for the M-V Holiday Island which was taken out of service after a fire last summer.
The Transportation Safety Board has started an investigation after the ship that launched the doomed Titan submersible returned to port in Newfoundland.
Safety board chair Kathy Fox says investigators have begun interviewing the crew members of the Polar Prince and some family members who are aboard.
Fox says they are also collecting information from the ship’s voyage data recorder and other systems that contain “useful information.”
Meanwhile, the R-C-M-P says it is examining the circumstances that led to the deaths of the five people who were aboard the Titan in order to determine whether a full investigation is warranted.
A German man who previously journeyed to the Titanic wreck aboard the submersible destroyed in an implosion believes the tragedy has ended adventure tourism to the site in the North Atlantic.
Arthur Loibl made the journey on Titan in 2021.
He says it will take a “very long time” before anyone will try bringing members of the public to view the wreck, and it will take a lot of money to develop a vessel that is safe enough to do so.








