R-C-M-P say they are investigating a fatal motorcycle crash in Cumberland County.
Police say the bike failed to negotiate a curve and came to rest in a ditch late Sunday afternoon in Malagash.
A 38-year-old man from Tatamagouche was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say he was the only person on the motorcycle.
Nova Scotia paramedics say that they were told little as they responded to the mass shooting in Nova Scotia in 2020.
The three paramedics and a dispatcher who spoke at the public inquiry yesterday said they were told almost nothing about what was going on as the R-C-M-P searched for the killer.
They also said they received little support or time off afterwards from their employer, Emergency Health Services.
Paramedic Melanie Lowe said it was difficult to hear the stories of the four children who entered her ambulance, as several of them explained how their parents were killed.
The waiting room in the emergency department at Colchester East Hants Health Centre in Truro is being temporarily relocated to allow for repairs to damaged flooring.
Beginning today, the emergency department waiting room will be relocated to the ambulance bay and will operate from the temporary space until repairs to the flooring are complete.
Repair work is expected to take up to ten days.
During the repairs, the emergency department entrance will be closed. People seeking urgent and emergency care will be redirected to the ambulance bay, located next to the emergency department.
Hospital and security staff will be onsite to direct patients and visitors.
The Nova Scotia government says it will absorb a planned increase to milk prices provided in public schools this September.
The move means a 250-millilitre carton of milk offered through the province’s school milk program will remain at 40 cents instead of increasing to 45 cents.
The cost of covering the increase, which is set by the province’s Natural Products Marketing Council, is estimated to be about 72-thousand dollars.
Nova Scotia’s program has provided milk at a reduced price to students in grades primary to 12 at participating public schools since 1974.
About half of the people charged after mass arrests in a Halifax housing demonstration last August have seen their cases dropped over the past 10 months.
The public prosecution service says so far 12 people out of 26 have had their charges withdrawn or dismissed.
Another three people’s cases have been sent to restorative justice.
A defence lawyer says he’ll vigorously defend six of his clients headed to trial, making a Charter argument that the city’s response was unlawful.








