For Pictou County, Environment Canada has issued a Rainfall Warning.
Significant rainfall of 25-40mm is expected through the day and ending this evening, and that will be combined with melting snow.
Much of the Maritimes is in for a nasty mix of snow and rain.
Environment Canada says the east coast of New Brunswick could see between five and 25 centimetres of snow, ending Tuesday morning.
And Prince Edward Island will see between 10 and 25 centimeters of snow, also ending Tuesday.
Nova Scotia RCMP had issued a dangerous person alert on Sunday regarding a suspect in Cumberland County.
On Sunday night, the RCMP provided an update indicating that the suspect was in custody.
No other details have been provided as yet, although the RCMP did indicate there is no threat to the public, and officers are continuing with the investigation.
Pictou County District RCMP have charged a man in regards to a break-in in Abercrombie and fleeing from a traffic stop on Hwy. 104 in James River.
Last Thursday night, police responded to a report of a break-in at a home on Granton Abercrombie Rd. in Abercrombie and learned that the suspect drove off in a car that had been stored in the garage on the property.
The vehicle was soon located travelling on Hwy. 104 near James River.
A traffic stop was initiated but the driver pulled away before speaking with the officer.
The driver refused to stop for a second traffic stop but police were eventually able to disable the vehicle after a pursuit.
A 45-year old Sydney Mines man was arrested and is facing several charges.
The Public Health Mobile Units will be offering COVID-19 testing in a number of communities this week. Locations include:
Royal Canadian Legion Branch 60
10778 Durham St., Pugwash
Tuesday, January 24 from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Renovations to the emergency department at the hospital in Amherst are wrapping up after months of delay.
The provincial health authority says the newly renovated space at the Cumberland Regional Health Centre is to reopen February 14th.
A flood in the emergency department last May forced it to operate in a temporary location within the hospital, while construction work was held up because of a shortage of trades workers and delays in securing supplies.
The emergency department has drawn scrutiny since the December 31st death of Allison Holthoff, following a seven-hour wait for treatment in the E-R’s temporary space.
The federal government has announced it is waiving fees for people who need to replace vital documents that were lost or destroyed last year due to Hurricane Fiona.
It says documents being replaced for free include Canada passports, permanent resident cards and Canadian citizenship certificates or cards.
The special measures for those directly impacted by the storm will continue until further notice and are retroactive to September 24th — when Fiona blasted into Atlantic Canada and Quebec and caused an estimated 800-million dollars in insured damage.








