Nova Scotia residents seeking more information about the state of the province’s health-care system now have access to new data.
The Nova Scotia government has made new information available through its Action for Health website.
It includes vacancy rates for health-care workers, the percentage of visits to emergency departments by people without a primary health-care provider, and how often ambulances are meeting target response times.
Health Minister Michelle Thompson says the province wants to increase transparency and share the metrics with Nova Scotians so they can see improvement when it happens.
The Public Health Mobile Units will be offering testing in a number of communities this week, including:
River John Legion
2506 River John Station Rd., River John
Wednesday, March 1 from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Tatamagouche Fire Hall
202 Main St., Tatamagouche
Friday, March 3 from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
This week, Nova Scotia Health’s COVID-19 vaccine outreach clinics will be offering drop-in vaccines in all health zones. Locations include:
River John Fire Hall (ages 5+)
32 School St, River John
Tuesday, February 28 from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Offering eligible doses by age range,
Flu vaccine will also be available
Wentworth Learning Centre (ages 5+)
13371 Highway 4, Wentworth
Thursday, March 2 from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Offering eligible doses by age range,
Flu vaccine will also be available.
The Nova Scotia government has announced a new emergency response funding program for farmers who didn’t qualify for federal assistance following hurricane Fiona.
It says the three-million-dollar program is for farmers with a gross farm income of 10-thousand dollars or more who were not eligible for the federal Disaster Financial Assistance Arrangements program.
The province says farmers can receive up to 400-thousand dollars in assistance.
Agriculture Minister Grey Morrow says the new program will help fill the gap for some farms that suffered serious damage but did not qualify for the federal assistance.
A legal battle is underway in Nova Scotia over access to bitcoin owned by an ex-medical student recently convicted of the second-degree murder of a fellow student during a drug deal.
The lawyer who represents the victim’s family says the cryptocurrency could be worth more than 200-thousand dollars.
Earlier this month, a jury declared William Sandeson guilty in the 2015 death of Taylor Samson, a 22-year-old physics student at Dalhousie University in Halifax.
Before his six-week trial began, Sandeson told the court his bitcoin account was worth between eight thousand to 10-thousand dollars.








