The Pictou County Integrated Street Crime Enforcement Unit has obtained an arrest warrant for a man who has been charged with several offenses in the Pictou County area.
34-year old Riley Michael Lloyd of Pictou County is charged with 2 counts of Flight from Police; 2 counts of Dangerous Driving; and one count of Possession of Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order.
Riley Michael Lloyd is described as white, 5 foot -11 inches tall, 200 pounds, with short brown hair, a beard and blue eyes.
His vehicle is described as a 2022 Grey Dodge Ram Warlock with Nova Scotia license plates HAC 720.
Anyone who sees Riley Michael Lloyd is asked to refrain from approaching him and to call police.
A neighbourhood in Lower South River was evacuated Tuesday night by RCMP as they responded to a call about a man who had barricaded himself inside a home.
RCMP responded to the scene early in the evening and started evacuating neighbouring homes about 8:00pm.
A Crisis Negotiation Team was brought on scene as police closed off the area.
Shortly after 2:00am this morning the Mounties provided an update indicating that the man had been safely taken into custody and all those residents evacuated from their homes were able to return home.
A 15-year-old boy appeared in youth court Tuesday to face charges in Monday’s stabbing at a Halifax area high school.
Halifax police say the teen is facing 10 charges, including two counts each of attempted murder and aggravated assault.
Police say two staff members were stabbed inside Charles P. Allen High School in Bedford on Monday and were taken to hospital where they remain in serious but stable condition.
The suspect, a student at the school, was also treated for stab wounds and appeared calm in court Tuesday.
A teacher at the Halifax-area school where Monday’s stabbing took place, says teachers are furious because of what they describe as a lack of support from the administration.
The teacher — who spoke anonymously — says her colleagues are shocked that they are expected to be back in the classroom.
The teacher says staff had gathered at the school Tuesday with the understanding that classes would resume yesterday afternoon — but they were canceled once it became clear the teachers were still angry.
The Nova Scotia government has introduced promised legislation aimed at improving access to health care.
It includes new measures to reduce administrative burdens on healthcare providers, giving them more time to see patients.
The Patient Access to Care Act also supports healthcare recruitment efforts by making it easier for doctors, pharmacists and other regulated medical professionals from elsewhere in Canada to practice in Nova Scotia.
Health Minister Michelle Thompson says the bill eliminates some registration and licensing fees for out-of-province health care workers that cost anywhere from 200-dollars to two-thousand dollars.
Last night in the Maritime Junior Hockey League, the Pictou County Weeks Crushers lost 5-3 to Yarmouth.








