The ferry service that links Nova Scotia with PEI has again been shut down by mechanical problems.
The M-V Confederation — the only ferry serving that route — was pulled from service on the weekend.
Northumberland Ferries says the parts needed for the repair are enroute and the ship will be repaired no later than Saturday.
For now, the ferry company is not taking any travel booking for before Saturday.
The ferry had resumed its route between Caribou and Wood Islands on Saturday after a two-week absence, again due to a mechanical glitch.
Pictou County District RCMP are asking for the public’s assistance in locating 17-year-old Skye Hubley.
Skye Hubley is described as 5-foot-8, 140lbs, with red hair and blue eyes. She was last seen wearing a black crop top, a grey sweater, blue jeans, black and white Converse sneakers.
She is believed to have a grey bag with her.
Hubley was last seen on June 9 however she has been in intermittent contact with both police and those that know her.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Skye Hubley is asked to contact Pictou County District RCMP or Nova Scotia Crime Stoppers.
Nova Scotia’s justice minister says if the province’s information and privacy commissioner needs more resources to deal with her workload, all she has to do is ask.
Brad Johns was responding last week to questions about a four-year backlog of appeals filed by citizens unsatisfied with the government’s response to previous freedom of information requests.
Johns says the backlog is unacceptable, and he suggested the maximum turnaround time should be only one year – something that would mark a major improvement for information and privacy commissioner Tricia Ralph.
The minister says Ralph should come forward at budget time and make a case for more funding and staff, but Ralph has made similar requests in the past, only to be rebuffed.
Two Royal Canadian Navy warships sailed out of Halifax harbour yesterday, bound for the Baltic region to join a NATO mission aimed at deterring Russian aggression.
The vessels, H-M-C-S Shawinigan and H-M-C-S Summerside, will help NATO forces with mine-hunting and disposal in the North Atlantic as part of Operation Reassurance.
The commander of Joint Task Force Atlantic, says the deployment signals Canada’s commitment to the 31-country alliance.
Following Russia’s annexing of Crimea in 2014, Canada has sent navy ships to participate in Operation Reassurance since 2014, deploying approximately more than 24-hundred military personnel to the mission.








