The ferry service between Caribou and Wood Islands is back on.
The M-V Confederation has been pulled from the water twice since mid-June during peak tourism season because of mechanical issues.
But the company operating the ferry says the most recent issue was resolved over the weekend and the service resumed with the 3:00pm sailing on Monday out of Wood Islands.
Northumberland Ferries adds that the second ferry that was secured for the peak operating season this summer is expected to enter service July 15th.
The Public Health mobile units will be offering COVID-19 testing in a number of communities this week. Locations include:
Pictou – Royal Canadian Legion
130 Veterans Dr., Pictou
Wednesday, July 12 from 1 p.m. – 6 p.m.
A provincial court judge who led a high-profile fatality inquiry is accusing the Nova Scotia government of spreading misinformation.
Warren Zimmer was appointed in July of 2018 to lead the inquiry investigating why Afghanistan war veteran Lionel Desmond killed three family members and himself the year before.
Zimmer was dismissed last week by Attorney General Brad Johns.
In a recent letter to inquiry lawyers, Zimmer said the government’s suggestion that he delayed the inquiry process is offensive and accused Johns of being ignorant of the complexity of the inquiry process.
A provincial byelection is underway in the Halifax-area district of Preston.
Nova Scotia’s elections authority says the Preston returning office is now open for early voting.
Premier Tim Houston announced the byelection last week, with election day set for August 8th.
The district has been vacant since April 1st when Liberal member Angela Simmonds resigned.








