New Glasgow Regional Police say 35-year old Dennis Robert Authur Baxter of New Glasgow, who was wanted on a province wide warrant, has been arrested.
Baxter was charged with Aggravated Assault; Failure to Comply with Release Order; and Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose.
Baxter is currently in custody and will appear in Provincial Court in Pictou today (Thursday).
New Glasgow Regional Police are thanking the public for the sharing of information through the community and social media that lead to Baxter’s apprehension.
Colchester County District RCMP have obtained an arrest warrant for 52-year old Darren Trevor Jackson of Truro in connection with a shooting incident in Brookfield on Sunday.
He was the focus of an emergency alert that had been issued late Sunday night as a result of the Brookfield shooting.
On Monday morning, the emergency alert was cancelled as investigators determined there was no immediate threat to public safety given the targeted nature of the shooting.
Later in the day on Monday, Jackson’s vehicle was located on Arthur St. in Truro, and seized.
On Wednesday, Jackson was charged with 2 counts of Attempted Murder; Aggravated Assault; and various weapons offences.
Jackson is described as 5-foot-10, 205lbs, has greying hair, and brown eyes.
Jackson may be armed, and anyone who sees him, should refrain from approaching him.
The Opposition parties are criticizing the government for dropping home heating assistance rebates from one-thousand dollars in 2022 to 600 dollars this year.
Liberal leader Zach Churchill says this is not the time to lower heating assistance as Nova Scotians deal with high inflation, the rising cost of rent and ramped up power rates.
Prior to last year, Nova Scotia offered 200-dollars per household through its heating rebate program.
Service Minister Colton LeBlanc says last year’s one-thousand dollar rebate was a one-time increase, and he does not consider this year’s 600-dollar rebate to be a cut.
The author of a new report touting Atlantic Canada as a potential offshore wind energy giant says the scaled-down Atlantic Loop electricity grid is a good step.
But Peter Nicholson says it’s not enough for the region to fully benefit from its production potential.
Nicholson writes that a fully realized energy transmission corridor linking the Maritimes to Quebec and Newfoundland and Labrador should be an essential part of a national clean energy
strategy.
Nova Scotia and New Brunswick formally committed to plans for a “modified Atlantic Loop” as part of a joint policy statement with the federal government announced in Ottawa on Monday.
A sports note, the Pictou County weeks Crushers are in action tonight in the Maritime Junior Hockey League, playing in Edmundston against the Blizzard.








