Colchester County District RCMP have charged a former Scout Master with multiple sexual offences. Last October, the RCMP received a report of historical sexual assaults that occurred when the victim was a youth. Through the investigation, a second victim was identified. Police say that the offences occurred between 1970 and 1976 when the victims were scouts and attended Valley Baptist Church for weekly Scouts Night. On May 30th, police arrested an 81-year old Valley man and he has been charged with Indecent Assault (five counts) and Acts of Gross Indecency (five counts). The man was a Scout Master at the time of the offences. He has been released on conditions and is scheduled to appear in Truro Provincial Court today (Monday).
–
–
Today, the premiers from Atlantic Canada and Ontario, including Premier Tim Houston, are headed to Boston in an effort to mitigate the impacts of United States-imposed tariffs on their economies. Massachusetts Governor Maura Healey will host the meeting alongside New England governors with hopes to discuss how they can work together and maintain economic relationships in the face of Trump’s tariffs. Healey has said Canada is Massachusetts’ number one trading partner, noting businesses and residents all benefit from the relationship.
–
–
U-S President Donald Trump is in Alberta after Air Force 1 touched down in Calgary on Sunday night. Trump joins other world leaders who have arrived for the G-7 summit in nearby Kananaskis.
It’s the first time Trump has been to Canada in seven years, when he attended another G-7 gathering in Charlevoix, Quebec, in 2018.
–
–
Nova Scotia’s premier is warning it could cost the province somewhere between five-and ten-billion dollars to build a transmission line connecting proposed offshore wind farms to the rest of Canada. Tim Houston’s estimate is eight times higher than originally planned and follows his announcement last week that he wants to license enough turbines to produce 40 gigawatts of electricity. Houston has said it would mean building hundreds of wind turbines. But, an expert with Net Zero Atlantic says Nova Scotia’s plan would require construction of about four-thousand wind turbines.
–
–
The Hector Heritage Quay in Pictou will officially open for the 2025 season today (Monday), unveiling a fully redesigned Interpretive Centre offering what’s described as an immersive, inclusive, and revitalized experience. The Ship Hector Society has collaborated with some internationally acclaimed exhibit designers to create a space that honours both the Scottish emigrants who arrived aboard the Hector in 1773 and the Mi’kmaq people of Piktuk, whose generosity and knowledge were vital to their survival.








